WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Website is intended for general informational purposes only. The contents of the Website (the "Contents") provide a general guide on the areas of practice of Cheung Tong & Rosa Solicitors ("CTR" or "us" or "we" and the grammatical derivatives thereof shall be construed accordingly). Nothing in this Website shall of itself be considered as creating a solicitor-client relationship between you, as the user, and CTR as rendering any legal services or legal advice. Please contact us if you require any legal advice for any specific legal question that you may have.
Should there be any conflict or inconsistency between the Chinese version and English version of the Terms, the English version shall prevail.
CHANGE OF TERMS
1. CTR has the right to amend the Terms from time to time in our sole discretion without any prior notice. By continuing to use the
Website, you shall be deemed as accepting and agreeing to be bound by such amendments.
USE AND RESTRICTIONS
2. You agree that you are using the Website and the Contents for personal and non-commercial use only.
3. You agree that you will not do or assist third parties to do or attempt to do any of the following:
3.1. violate the Terms;
3.2. post or transmit any unlawful contents, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law;
3.3. misuse or maliciously attack the Website, including but not limited to the use of malicious software (for example viruses,
trojans, spyware, worms, denial-of-service attack, adware, or rootkits) or any other software which steals protected data, or
deletes any documents or adds any software to the Website without our prior written approval; and
3.4. post or transmit any advertisements, solicitations, chain letters, pyramid schemes, investment opportunities or schemes or
other unsolicited commercial communication, or engage in spamming or flooding.
4. CTR reserves the right to deny or block your access to the Website or any part of the Website.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
5. All intellectual property rights subsisting in respect of the Website and the Contents which belong to us or have been lawfully
licensed to us for operation, management and maintenance of the Website are hereby expressly reserved.
6. All our rights under applicable laws are hereby reserved.
7. You may not reproduce, upload, post, modify, republish, transmit or distribute in any way the Contents, any part of the Contents, or
any component of the Website which is protected by copyright, or other proprietary right, or create derivative works with respect
thereto, without our prior written permission.
LIMITED LIABILITY AND WARRANTY
8. You agree to access and use the Website and the Contents at your own risk. The Website and the Contents are for your personal
use only and we make no representation or warranty of any kind, whether express or implied.
9. CTR shall use its reasonable endeavours to publish the latest and most accurate information on the Website. Changes in law or
circumstances may however occur thereafter and we do not guarantee or assume any responsibility on:
9.1. the absolute accuracy and completeness of the Contents; and
9.2. the Contents or the Website are free of defect, error, omission, virus or anything which may change, erase, add to or
damage your software, data or equipment.
10. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAWS, IN NO EVENT SHALL CTR BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY
DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED
TO LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF REVENUE OR LOSS OF ANTICIPATED PROFIT, ARISING OUT OF ANY USE OR
RELIANCE ON THE WEBSITE OR THE CONTENTS. If you have suffered any loss of damages from the use of the Website
or the Contents, the only remedy is to stop using the Website.
11. The limitation of liability contained in the Terms will apply to the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws.
12. YOU AGREE TO FULLY INDEMNIFY AND HOLD US, OUR STAFF MEMBERS, EMPLOYEES, PARTNERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS
AND MANAGERS HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ALL ACCUSATION, ACTIONS, DAMAGES, LOSSES, COSTS, EXPENSES,
CLAIMS AND LIABILITIES, AND ANY RELATED LEGAL COSTS ARISING FROM YOUR BREACH OF THE TERMS AND / OR ANY
13. If any of the Terms or any part of the Terms is determined to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable, such Term or such part shall be
deemed as separate from other Terms or other parts of the Term, and the remaining Terms and the remaining part of the Terms shall
continue to have full force and effect.
14. No delay or failure to take action to enforce any provision of the Terms shall constitute any waiver by CTR of any of its rights granted
under the Terms.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
15. The Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region ("Hong
Kong"), and shall be interpreted in accordance with Hong Kong law. CTR and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the
Hong Kong courts.
THIRD PARTY RIGHTS
16. Subject to Clause 17, no person shall have any right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Ordinance (Cap. 623 of the Laws of
Hong Kong) (the "Third Parties Ordinance") to enforce or enjoy the benefit of any of the provisions of the Terms.
17. Our staff members, employees, partners, directors, officers and managers (each a "Designated Third Party") may, by virtue of the
Third Parties Ordinance, rely on any provision of the Terms only if and to the extent that such provision:-
17.1. expressly limits or excludes liability of that Designated Third Party; or
17.2. expressly confers other rights or benefits on that Designated Third Party (including without limitation any indemnity).